Business travel to Turkey accounts for a significant proportion of visits each year, with many opportunities for foreign companies and businesspeople.
This guide answers all the questions you might have about BUSINESS Visitors to Turkey, including Turkey visa requirements.
What Is a Business Visitor in Turkey?
A business visitor is an individual that travels for international business activities, however they do not actually work in Turkey.
People traveling to Türkiye to find a job are not considered business visitors and are required to get a work permit.
What kind of activities can a business visitor do while in Türkiye?
Those making a business trip to Turkey may engage in a number of different activities with business partners and associates. These include:
- Business meetings and negotiations
- Attending industry conventions, fairs, and congresses
- Courses or training at the invitation of a Turkish company
- Visiting sites owned by the visitor’s company or possible investment sites
- Trading goods or services on behalf of a company or foreign government
What Does a Business Visitor Need to Enter Turkey?
People traveling to Turkey for business reasons will need the following documentation:
- Passport valid for 6 months after the date they arrive in TURKEY VISA VALIDITY
- Valid business visa or e-Visa for Turkey
What visa do I need to travel to Türkiye for business?
The Türkiye electronic visa is valid for business trips. The holder can do any of the activities listed above, providing they do not engage in paid work.
The Turkey e-Visa is valid for 180 days from the date of application. The visa specifications are based on the traveler’s nationality. The permit can be either single or multiple-entry, and visitors can stay for 30 or 90 days.
Citizens of eligible countries can complete the online visa application for Turkey quickly and easily.
This eVisa comes with several advantages:
- Faster and simpler application process
- Can be submitted from home or work, rather than traveling to an embassy
- No queuing or waiting
Check the Turkey e-Visa requirements to see which nationalities are eligible to apply.
Those that are not eligible for the Turkey online visa, or who wish to visit for paid work or for longer than the visa allows, must obtain a business visa.
Business visas can be obtained by applying in person at a Turkish embassy or consulate. Part of the documentation required for this is an invitation letter from the Turkish company or organization hosting the visit.
Turkey Business Travel Cities
Turkish cities like Ankara and Istanbul are popular business destinations. Many travelers visit these cities for work-related reasons.
As the capital, Ankara is an administrative hub. Many business travelers fly directly into the city via Ankara Esenboga Airport.
Istanbul Airport also welcomes many business travelers from over 350 destinations.
What Can a Business Visitor Do in Turkey?
Travellers visiting Turkey for business purposes can engage in a range of activities with Turkish companies, business partners, or associates in the country. These activities are:
- Attending business meetings or negotiations with partners or clients. Or
- Attending the conventions organized by Industries, or fairs, and congresses.
- Taking part in different courses or training provided that the business visitor has an invitation of a Turkish company
- Conducting site visits to your own company or the land you are planning to invest or purchase.
- Paying services or trading goods on behalf of any company or as a representative from a foreign government
Requirements for a Business Visitor
The government of Turkey requires business visitors to meet specific criteria for entering Turkey. Visitors travelling to Turkey for a business purpose must possess:
- A valid passport having no expiry in 6 months, starting from the date of entrance in Turkey.
- A valid Turkey Business Visa or Turkey eVisa