Citizens of over 50 countries are entitled to obtain an Turkey Visa Validity. If you’re traveling with an online visa, it’s important to know the validity period of the permit, and how long you’re permitted to stay in the country.
The Turkey e-Visa application form is the same for all eligible travelers, however the specifications of the visa are based on the applicant’s passport country.
The following page explains the validity of Türkiye’s electronic visa and how long each nationality can stay.
How Long Is the Electronic Visa for Turkey Valid For?
The e-Visa for Turkey is valid for 180 days from the date given on the application. This means that you have this length of time to use your visa to enter Turkey.
If you try to travel after the 180-day period, your visa will be invalid and you will not be granted entry into the Republic of Türkiye.
Note: It’s important to understand that the number of days that you are entitled to stay with your Turkey e-Visa is not the same as the visa’s validity. The validity period is the same for all nationalities, however the length of time you can stay depends on your passport.
How Long Can I Stay in Turkey with an e-Visa?
Nationals of the following countries are entitled to stay in Turkey for 30 days:
- East Timor
The 30-day e-Visa is a single-entry permit. This means that citizens of these countries can only use their visa to enter Turkey once.
The 90-day online visa is a multiple-entry authorization. Turkey Visa after COVID holders from the countries listed above can use the same document to visit Türkiye multiple times, staying for a maximum of 90 days each time.
e-Visa Application Form
Conditional Turkey e-Visa length of stay
Citizens of the following countries can obtain a conditional e-Visa for Turkey if they meet certain extra criteria:
- Algeria (citizen under 18 or over 35 only)
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- Republic of the Congo
- São Tomé and Príncipe
- Sierra Leone
- Sri Lanka
Travelers from these countries are issued a 30-day single-entry e-Visa for Turkey.
Passport Validity for Türkiye: How Long Should My Passport Be Valid For?
Turkey e-Visa applicants must have a passport from an eligible country which is valid for at least 5 months from the visa processing date.
If your passport is due to expire before your e-Visa, you’ll need to apply for a new visa once you have a new passport.
You will not be allowed to enter the Republic of Türkiye if your passport and visa do not meet the requirements.
The residence permit of the foreigners will be cancelled if they stay outside Türkiye for longer than 120 days in total during the last year.
– For United Nations (UN) Travel Document (Laissez-Passer) holders who have blue UN travel documents, visa exemption with 90 days length of stay within the preceding 180 days may apply during their official visit to Türkiye if they can certify their official assignment. Red UN Travel Document holders, shall be exempt from entry visa and may stay in Türkiye 90 days within the preceding 180 days regardless of their purpose of visit. General visa provisions shall apply for Blue UN travel document holders subject to regulations specified according to their country of origin.
– Visa applications for travels except for touristic or trade purposes (work or study etc.) will need to obtain visa through Turkish Representations in the abroad.
– Regardless of the visa regime applied towards the citizens of a country, the travel document holders of that country need to obtain visa from Turkish missions beforehand.
– Any applicant under the age of 18 must submit official written approvals from both parents. For those applicants who certify that their parents are officially divorced and prove the parent holding their custody as well as for those with one parent deceased, visas may be issued in accordance with their purpose of visit.