We need to ask ourselves a very important question to determine what’s best for our business: Is YouTube, TikTok, or both worth your time, money, and effort?
TikTok is a growing platform that has surpassed YouTube in popularity. It is important to understand your audience, marketing opportunities, and algorithms to make the best decision.
YouTube and TikTok: A Head-to-head Comparison
There is no real competition between the two platforms. YouTube is a platform with a monthly audience of over two billion users, or almost half the population of Internet users.
Social media marketers are expected to increase their YouTube investment every year.
TikTok, however, is a relatively young platform that has seen phenomenal growth in the past year. Also, TikTok has been the most downloaded application in recent times.
Format and length of content
YouTube is now the platform for long-form video content, unlike other social media platforms. It is difficult to deny that short-form videos are popular.
YouTube responded by launching shorts that allow users to create a 15-second video with music overlays. It also allows video marketers to experiment with different content types on the same platform.
TikTok has become a powerhouse in short form. The app is now synonymous with entertaining content that appeals primarily to Gen Z, millennials, and younger generations.
Google’s technology powers YouTube ads. There are several different ad formats available.
- Discover Ads: Ads appearing on YouTube’s home page and search results pages.
- TrueView Ads, also known as skippable advertisements, are ads that run before videos.
- Non-skippable ads – Ads that appear before, during, or after the video.
- Bumper ads: 6-second ads that run before videos.
- Overlay Ads: Banner ads at the bottom of videos.
YouTube allows marketers to experiment with a variety of ad formats.
TikTok is a great option for digital marketers who want to be creative. It was so popular that TikTok For Business, launched in 2021, allows marketers to create and run ad campaigns on the platform.
There are also different ways of advertising on the platform.
- TopView: Ads appear immediately at the top of your feed after you have opened the app.
- In-Feed Ads: Ads that appear on the Discover page of a user.
- Brand Hashtags: A hashtag used by businesses to encourage TikTokers and other users to create content based on the brand.
- Brand Takeovers: A format of advertising that includes TopView, Branded Hashtags, and In-Feed all at once. These can be images, videos, gifs, or stills.
TikTok offers different ad formats, which means that even if your budget is limited, you can still come up with an effective strategy. info blog news
YouTube uses a model of cost-per-view pricing. So how much does it cost to put an ad on Youtube? Each view can cost vary depending on the industry you are in and your target keywords.
You only pay if a user acts like viewing the entire ad or clicking on a call to action. Most businesses spend 10 per CPM. This allows you to have a big impact for a low price.
Which platform will work best for your business?
Which platform is the best for you? The answer depends on several factors.
- Who is your audience? YouTube and TikTok both have diverse audiences. However, TikTok has a younger audience, primarily females. YouTube is popular among a wide range of age groups. Decide which platform is best for your target audience.
- What kind of content are you looking to create? Do you prefer short, lively videos, or do you prefer longer more in-depth videos? Do 15 seconds suffice to convey your message, or is more time needed?
Marketing is about testing. You don’t have to choose a platform immediately. It may even be beneficial to test both platforms to determine which one gives the best results.
Contact us at Digital Specialist and we will help you to determine which mode of social media marketing is more suitable for your business.
Also, don’t forget to check the other useful and interesting articles here.