7 C
New York
Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Latest Posts

UK expected to have more than 21 million digital gamers by 2027

women are the most influent in games

According to Statista’s research, by 2027, over 21 million people in the United Kingdom will be engaged with digital games. This information is based on projections for the coming years and was obtained through market studies and analysis.

One of the factors contributing to this growth may be related to the technological advancements, the widespread use of mobile devices, and the diversification of available game genres and platforms.

In June 2023, data provided by Statista revealed that approximately 47% of the gaming audience in UK consisted of women, while the remaining 53% were men. This indicates a greater representation of women in the digital gaming scene, debunking the idea that games are exclusively targeted at a male audience.

Furthermore, in 2022, according to the research institute, 88% of young British adults aged 16 to 24 were involved in videogames. In the same period, £2.7 billion was spent on gaming.

The 13 favorite games for Brithsh gamers 

According to data from the YouGov portal, the favourite digital games among Britons and their popularity are:

– Sony Entertainment (66%)

– Solitaire (61%)

– Super Mario Bros (56%)

– WarnerBros. Interactive Entertainment (56%)

– Scrabble (54%)

– Sudoku (48%)

– Grand Theft Auto (41%)

– Mario Kart 8 (41%)

– Grand Theft Auto V (38%)

– Spider-Man (38%)

– Call of Duty (37%)

– Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch) (36%)

– Super Mario Run (36%)

Tips for playing digital games better

When diving into the world of digital games, it’s important to consider some strategies that can enhance your experience and safety. Here are four valuable tips to make the most of this entertainment universe:

1. Maintaining online safety:

When playing online, especially in multiplayer environments, it’s essential to protect your personal information. Make sure to use strong and unique passwords for your gaming accounts, avoiding sharing them with strangers.

Additionally, be vigilant against potential scams, phishing, and other cyber threats aimed at stealing your data or compromising your digital security. In such cases, using prepaid credit cards can be one alternative to prioritize online safety and enjoy games with peace of mind.

2. Explore different game genres:

Digital games encompass a wide variety of genres, from adventure and action to puzzles and simulation. Trying out different types of games can provide new experiences and challenges, expanding your repertoire of skills and preferences.

Exploring various genres can also help avoid monotony and keep interest and fun high.

3. Gift friends and family with gift cards:

Gifting friends and family with gaming platform gift cards is a fun way to share your passion for digital games. This practice not only allows them to choose the games they want to play but also strengthens emotional bonds by sharing moments of fun and entertainment.

By gifting gift cards, you provide freedom of choice and encourage the exploration of new titles.

4. Participate in gaming communities:

Engaging in gaming communities offers a unique opportunity to interact with people who share the same interest in digital games. Participating in online forums, social media groups, or in-person events can enrich your experience by allowing exchanges of experiences, tips, and strategies with other enthusiasts.

The rise of the digital gaming universe in the UK reflects transformations in the entertainment habits of the population, driven by technology and the growing diversity of audiences.

With promising projections for the coming years, the landscape of digital games is becoming increasingly relevant and influential in contemporary society

Latest Posts

Don't Miss

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.

× Click Here For Guest Post